1415 14th Avenue North West
Calgary, AB T2N 1M4 Canada
It began in 1955 as a gift to the people of Alberta as a place of celebration, community spirit and cultural enrichment. Today, this rejuvenated facility, steeped in tradition and a host to the world, continues its public service mandate. The building, along with its twin facility in Edmonton, is owned and operated by the Government of Alberta. The departments of Infrastructure and Transportation, and Community Development work in partnership to operate the facilities. In 2004, renovations were started to revitalize both community icons. Improvements focused on patron comfort and performance enhancements, including acoustics, seating, climate control, and more. The venue has a new look, yet has maintained its historic charm. The reopening of the buildings occurred in September, 2005 to commemorate the Jubilee Auditoria’s 50th and Alberta’s 100th anniversaries.